Make lovely your stay in Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires is an amazing, multicultural and cosmopolite city. However as every big capital in the world, there are some hazards visitors should be aware of.
To ensure a pleasant and lovely stay during WAPOR Annual Conference we advise our visitors to:
- Avoid taking street taxis unless you are accompanied by a local. If you are at the hotel or a restaurant you could ask the manager to call a reliable radio-taxi.
- Public transportation network in Buenos Aires is vast and fast, especially its subway. Please pay attention to your personal belongings when taking public transport ie: put your backpack on the front and avoid long strap purses.
- Avoid using your cell phone on the street, if you need to make a short call it is preferable to take a sit at any coffee shop o briefly enter a store.
- When sightseeing try to avoid flashy accessories such as jewelry, watches, cameras, laptops or tablets. Use them at ease in tourist spots and transited areas.
- Even if it sounds truly profitable do not exchange money on the streets. We will advise you on where to exchange currency legally and safe.
- Have always with you a copy of your passport.
- Try to avoid walking alone after 8 pm, try to move around in small groups.
- Do not put valuables in your checked luggage when flying to Argentina.
Travel from the Airport to the city center
We recommend not to contract services on the street but hiring a taxi or remis in the offices inside each airport. In general, these remises offices, accept credit cards and you will not need to pay in cash.
If you arrive at Ezeiza (Ministro Pistarini) International Airport you will need a taxi or a bus shuttle to get to the City Center. Please, check here the availabel services: Oficial Airport Site. It takes about 45/55 minutes to get to Buenos Aires from Ezeiza.
If you arrive at Aeroparque (Jorge Newbery) International Airport you can get a taxi or a Remis for transportantion to the City Center. Please, check here the availabel services: Oficial Airport Site. It depends strongly on the traffic conditions, but in general it takes about 15/ 20 minutes to get to the City Center.
Handy info and tips on money, visas, health and safety, telecommunications and more.